"If a man is called to be a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great streetsweeper who did his job well".
- (2016) Determinants of the informal economy of an emerging economy: a multiple indicator, multiple causes approach, Int. J. Entrepreneurship and Small Business, 28(2/3), pp.154-177 (joint with R. Ackrill, C. Dobson, E. Igudia)
- (2016, Accepted for publication) Investigating the oil price-exchange rate nexus: evidence from Africa 1970-2004, Economic Issues, ISSN: 1363-7029. Full text: http://www.economicissues.org.uk/ (joint with E. Mourelle, J-C. Cuestas).
- (2015) An investigation of regime shifts in UK commercial property returns: a time series analysis, Applied Economics, Full text:http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00036846.2015.1080805?journalCode=raec20. DOI: 10.1080/00036846.2015.1080805 (joint with V. Leone).
- (2015) International yield curve comovements: impact of the recent financial crisis, Applied Economics, ISSN: 1466-4283. DOI:10.1080/00036846.2015.1031875. Full text: http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/JJqcGn4IFk8Yct8iQbMI/full OR http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/00036846.2015.1031875#abstract. See Working Paper version (joint with Kavita Sirichand)
- (2015) Investigating Multiple Changes in Persistence in International Yields, Economic Issues, 20(1), pp.65-90, Full text:http://www.economicissues.org.uk/Vol20.html#a3 . See Working Paper version. (joint with Kavita Sirichand)
- (2015) "Unified knowledge based economy hybrid forecasting". Technological Forecasting and Social Change. See link to ScienceDirect) (joint with A. Al-Shami, A. Lofti, and Petr Dostál)
- (2013) "Intelligent Synthetic Composite Indicators with Application". Soft Computing. See http://www.springerlink.com/openurl.asp?genre=article&id=doi:10.1007/s00500-013-1098-3 (joint with A. Al-Shami and A. Lofti).
- (2012) "Where does the Axe Fall? Inflation Dynamics and Poverty Rates: Regional and Sectoral Evidence for Ghana". World Development. [see Working Paper version] (link to Sciencedirect) http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.worlddev.2012.05.019
- (2012) "Fractional Integration and the Volatility of UK Interest Rates", Economics Letters, Volume 116, Issue 3, pp. 381-384. (link to Sciencedirect, Available online 21 April 2012) [see Working Paper version], (With Kavita Sirichand)
- (2012) “Inflationary shocks and common economic trends: implications for West African monetary union membership", Journal of Policy Modeling, Volume 34, Issue 3, pp. 460-475. (link to Sciencedirect, also see Working Paper version] Working Paper Version) [With Paul Alagidede and Juan Carlos Cuestas]
- (2010) "Inflation Persistence in the Franc Zone: Evidence from disaggregated prices" (2010), Journal of Macroeconomics, Volume 32, Issue 1, pp. 426-442. (link to Sciencedirect).
- (2010) "Monetary Variability and Monetary Variables in the Franc Zone", Economic Issues, Volume 15, Issue 2, pp. 17-48. (also see working paper version). [with Michail Karoglou]
- (2008) "Estimating Equilibrium Exchange Rates in the Franc Zone", Journal of African Economies, Volume 17, Issue 4, pp. 600-634.
Working papers and selected works in progress
- "Long-Memory Analysis of House Price Inflation in the UK: Does Location Matter?"
- "Investigating Business Cycle Synchronization in West Africa" [Working paper version]. (with Rob Ackrill)
- A Nonlinear Analysis of the Relationship Between Real Exchange Rates and Real Oil Prices in African Countries (with Juan Carlos Cuestas and Estefania Mourelle).[Working paper version].
- "Inflation, monetary policy, poverty and income distribution in LDCs", (joint with S. Garcia, S. Vazquez and S. Torres).
- "Time-series characteristics of UK commercial property returns: Testing for multiple changes in persistence", (joint with Vitor Leone).
- "Inflation dynamics in central and eastern European countries" [Working Paper version] (joint with Rob Ackrill).
- How Tight is the Knot? International Yield Curve Dynamics and Interactions (with Kavita Sirichand)
- Identifying Persistence in International Interest Rates (with Kavita Sirichand)
- Asymmetries in Disaggregated Inflation Dynamics: Evidence From Canadian Provinces
- Deluded Development: Being Real.
- Inflation Targeting and Changing Persistence in Canada (with Kavita Sirichand)
- Informing Core Inflation: The Canadian Case (with Kavita Sirichand)
- Submissions Editor, Economic Issues (Sept' 2011 - Dec' 2013)
- Associate Editor, Economic Issues (Dec' 2013 - date)
- Editor, Working Paper Series, Economics Division, Nottingham Trent University (Sept' 2010 - Dec' 2013).
- Journal referee activity:
- Economics Letters
- International Journal of Central Banking
- The World Bank Economic Review
- Journal of African Economies
- Journal of Macroeconomics
- Economic Modelling
- Economic Issues
- Economic Change and Restructuring
- South African Journal of Economics
- Emerging Markets Finance and Trade
- Journal of Economics and International Finance
- African Review of Economics and Finance